Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thursday, August 23

John's report for the day:

Yesterday, he ate a Snickers bar in SLP (speech therapy), so he's been cleared for a regular diet.

In PT this morning, he did the whole lap around the floor on his walker with the arm rests (see the photo from last Monday). I'm guessing it's 100 meters, Dad's guessing 270 feet (yes, we're working in different units) -- stay tuned for the actual distance.

Today, Nora and I had a brief lunchtime visit. John had a note for her: he had written his name, birthdate, address, and phone number! (I really wanted to post a photo of his first writing, but I'm sure you all understand why I'm not posting this particular note.)

His spirits continue to be good -- he enjoys hearing your messages/reading your cards and emails. Thank you for keeping him in your prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is moving along very well! Keep up the good work!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSS! I love hearing about your incredible progress. Keep it coming. Should I send the cheesesteak now? I know, no onions.
    Love to all!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sounds like you are making incredible progress. I am so happy to see that. I'm sorry I didn't get by to see you in AC before you headed home but I am glad you were progressing enough for them to send you there. Closer to home I mean. If anyone can recover from this it's you. Keep up the hard work and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a speech therapist true to my own heart! I love following this blog and I pray daily. Keep up the hard work.
    Jen Essig

    ReplyDelete