Thursday, August 9, 2012

I wanna hold your hand...

We continue to see small signs of improvement. I'm glad John's getting PT each day (and not just because early therapy is key to long term prognosis) because her trained eye sees these little signs of improvement and she draws my attention to them. Who knew you could measure changes in ability to return to center? Who knew what "ability to return to center" even is? (I did, I can hear my sister answering ;) -- but who else?) So, return to center is the movement of straightening your core back to vertical when you're sitting down and you lean left or right, bending at the waist (at least this is where she's measuring it). It's a question of how well you can move your trunk and whether you can do it without leaning forward or backward.

In other exciting news, John was able to squeeze my hand today... the most lovely feeling in the world.

[Now that we are firmly past the crisis stage and safely into recovery, I'm adding some posts to fill in details from John's time in AtlantiCare to keep a record for later on for Nora.]

No comments:

Post a Comment