Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Monday, August 20


This morning I joined John for some of his therapy. At the end of OT, he had more to show off: he flexed his right foot for me!

He worked with a diction program today, programing his voice in so that he’ll be able to use Dragon Dictate to write (edited thanks to our personal, on-call 24/7 OT).

In PT, he worked on standing up himself, and it looks like that’s coming soon. Mike, (his primary PT) also tested for progress. Here, he’s standing and balancing for 30 seconds:

And here, he’s moving (with Mike’s assistance) for 6 minutes:

His OT taught me how to help him transfer from bed to his chair and back again, so now I can kidnap him ;) We had homemade split pea soup with bread from Panera for dinner, and then spent a quiet evening together.
P.S. I got home a little bit ago from my overnight visit and John just called to tell me how PT went this morning (Tuesday): on the treadmill, Mike hooked him up to Geppetto (the strap that helps his knee bend) on the right side, and he got his left knee bending on his own for 5 minutes!
P

2 comments:

  1. What a show off. Great to see such improvements and progress.

    Here we go Steelers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics!! John you keep up that hard work, its paying off. Cheering you on from home, but wishing I could be there to see you. Love you! Susan

    ReplyDelete