Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday, September 6

I was able to bring John lunch today (tomato soup and grilled cheese) and when I packed it this morning, I thought, "That's too much food" but I brought it all anyway since I had already ladled it out. And then John ate every drop and bite of it! And then I got to treat him to the cafeteria coffee, icing on the cake.

In PT, he continues to work on the treadmill, strengthening his hips and ankles. After lunch, he had a group OT session, during which they used small hand weights to do arm exercises and I got to join in and get my workout, too :) It was great to experience just a tiny bit of what his therapy is like.

His resolve is strong, and he continues to amaze me with his dedication.

[oops... had to edit to correct the date, since I accidentally labeled this "August 6..."]

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got to bring him something good to eat. Did he actually get any cake with icing?

    Keep the resolve strong and know that we are all cheering the successes here.

    Love to All!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat!
      No cake with icing yet -- we made him brownies, then Mom made him rice pudding, and now Nora & I have an apple pie in the oven for tomorrow. I'm saving the cake with icing for the day he walks out of there!!!

      Delete