Saturday, June 1, 2013

June 1, 2013

The 10-month mark came and went without fanfare on Thursday (I was caught up in a work deadline which I actually made, with half a day to spare!), but today we joined another celebration: our neighbor's son (the one we passed the Lourdes water on to) has been home from the hospital for the past month or so, and today they had a welcome home party for him. It was great to see him outside of a hospital setting and even better for Nora to meet him since she's been asking God to help him heal for the past five months. M. even graciously posed for a photo with us (and his mom's ok'ed me posting it):

John continues to do his exercise routine at the campus gym three times a week. Nora and I take him for an after-dinner walk a couple of times a week, as well, and he's built up enough stamina to make it around our block (which is actually half a mile).

I'll close with an update from Nora: "Daddy is doing good. He's walking faster and a lot better."

2 comments:

  1. You all look great!
    To Nora's point:
    1) Glad to hear about the quality & speed of John's gait (as we say in the biz...)
    2) Perhaps we have a future physiatrist in our midst???
    XOXO
    Aunt Jennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wondered, Jen... it's so cute to watch her with him: "Doonnn't let me push your arm down. Doonnn't let me push your arm down." and "Come on, Pa -- just a little more!"

      Delete