Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January 30, 2013

A double milestone day...
it's the 6-month anniversary of John's accident AND his birthday (I won't give the year away, but if you look closely at the balloons from Pat and Fred, you can figure it out...)


John celebrated with:
* a trip to St. Joe's, where we joined them for the all-school Mass celebrating the beginning of the 2nd semester -- and John enjoyed having the students serenade him with "Happy Birthday" and getting a fun bunch of balloons --  our house is very cheery now, just in time for the temperature to drastically drop again.


* a therapy session in the pool (does this count towards his celebration???), where he got a great workout. On the therapy front, we're pleased to report that his shoulder seems to be improving since the shot.

* dinner at Fiddler's Hearth.


* cake and presents (and we're hoping a quiet evening -- read: a sleeping 5-year-old -- will follow shortly...

 

 

I have moments where it's still hard to process that this has happened to John, but I watch his fierce determination to continue rehabbing and building up his strength, and I find myself grateful for this opportunity to witness his strength and understand his love for us in such a profound way. While ADLs (activities of daily living) are a daily challenge, I am confident in his ability to meet them with grace. I can't imagine that I'll ever be thankful that wave knocked our life around (literally and figuratively), but I am grateful beyond words that we are all still standing... thank you all for your love, prayers, and support over the past few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment